Licence plates

Returning licence plates

If you have moved out of Alberta or no longer need your licence plate, you can return it to any registry agent office in-person or by mail.

To return a licence plate by mail, please complete the Licence Plate/Parking Placard Cancellation Declaration form.

Once the licence plate is returned, your file will be updated to show that you are no longer in possession of it.

You can also request the cancellation of your registration certificate by submitting a Registration Cancelation.

Contact this service

780-427-7013, toll free dial 310-0000 first in Alberta

8:15 am - 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)