Make a FOIP Request

The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act ("the FOIP Act") provides access to information held by public bodies which is not available by other means, and allows individuals to request correction of their own personal information that a public body holds.

You can make your FOIP request to any Ministry in the Government of Alberta by going to the MyAlberta eServices page, located  here.

Sometimes information is available without having to make a formal FOIP request. Contact the FOIP Office of the public body who has the records to find out how to best access the information you want. Our directory allows you to search any FOIP Office for contact information.