Licence plates

Lost or stolen plates or year stickers

If your licence plate or year sticker is lost or stolen, you can obtain a replacement at a registry agent office.

If your licence plate or validation tab have been lost or stolen, you should report it to the police and obtain a police file number.

To replace the licence plate and/or validation tab, visit a registry agent office and:

  • provide your Alberta drivers licence or 2 alternate pieces of acceptable identification.
  • fill out a licence plate declaration form
  • pay the required fee

Licence plate/parking placard cancellation declaration form (PDF, 1 page)