Register as a religious marriage officiant

How to apply

Learn how to register to become a religious marriage officiant in Alberta.

Clergy/religious representatives must be registered with Vital Statistics to perform marriages in Alberta.

Contact the governing authority for your religious organization, as they must complete an application on your behalf.

The governing authority will notify you when you are registered.

Contact this service

780-427-7013 (Edmonton)

310-0000, then
780-427-7013 (toll-free in Alberta)

8:15 am - 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)